The Flavor Of August
Can you believe that it’s August already? Summer is soon coming to an end and school is about to begin! On that note, the Sterling Restaurant Supply team would like to discuss our idea of the flavor of August for those of you looking for those last summer recipes before the school season begins. This ties in perfectly with our Online Grill Season Sale which includes Grilling Essentials, Tools, and Serveware! The sale will go on until the 27th so make sure you don’t miss out before it’s all sold. Now today, we have two savory summer reminiscent recipes to share with you that are sure to remind you of the summertime sun!
Berry Watermelon Fruit Salad & Frozen Mezcal Palomas
Berry Watermelon Fruit Salad
We don’t often think of a salad when we think of a sweet treat, but we will bet that this will satisfy anyone’s sugar crave. This Berry Watermelon Fruit Salad is perfect alone as a snack or a nice surprise as a healthy yet excellent dessert. August is the perfect time to get these fruits while they are still in season so make sure you don’t miss out this month if you have plans to make this recipe!
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Yield: 4-6 Servings
Recipe by: Fork Knife Swoon
- 4 cups Watermelon, cubed
- 1 pint Strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 pint Blueberries
- 1 piunt Raspberries
- 1/2 pint Blackberries
- Squeeze of Fresh Lime Juiced
- Cut all of the fruit into bite-sized pieces. Add to a large mixing bowl, and gently toss together. Top with a squeeze of fresh lime juice to taste. Serve chilled.
Frozen Mezcal Palomas
What’s the perfect drink to go along while relaxing in the summertime? A frozen Paloma of course! This cocktail can take a bit of time to make, but the wait is completely worth it for those looking for serious taste. We suggest this tart drink as a bittersweet farewell toast to summer!
Time: 4 Hours
Yield: 2 Cocktails
Recipe by: Maggie Hoffman
- 4 Ounces (120ml) fresh juice from 1 to 2 pink grapefruits
- 1 1/2 ounces (45ml) fresh juice from 2 limes
- 1 ounce (30ml) Honey
- 4 ouunces (120ml) Mezcal
- 1/4 teaspoon (1g) Kosher Salt
- 2 cups Ice (14 standard cubes)
- Lime wheel, sliced in half crosswise, for garnish (optional)
- Add grapefruit juice, lime juice, honey, mezcal, and salt to a resealable container. Shake or stir to mix; make sure all honey is dissolved. Place in freezer for at least 4 and up to 10 hours.
- When ready to serve, add mezcal mixture and ice to a blender. Blend until uniform and pour into 2 glasses. Garnish each glass with half a lime wheel, if desired, and serve immediately.
Love these Recipes? Signup HERE for future notifications when we post new ones!