A Festive Fourth!
The intense July heat has only just begun, and so has the start of outdoor dining season! With 4th of July this week, I have already been planning ways to work around the toasty temperature, and you’ll be happy to hear that my quick fix includes a cocktail! So whether you’re partying it up by the pool or lounging around your patio this 4th, you’re definitely going to want to get in on these festive Moscow mules. Not only do they continue the red and blue theme from your décor to your tabletop, they also help you beat the heat!
But, before I let you know how to make your soon-to-be “specialty drink”…you need to know that you can’t pull off the ultimate summer bartender status without these essential tools for your boozy bar.
Shop the Tools
Blueberry Moscow Mule
Recipe Credit: Sugar and Charm
Yield: 1 drink
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup ginger beer
- 1 shot ginger vodka
- Juice of one lime wedge
- Blueberry syrup (recipe below)
Blueberry syrup ingredients:
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Add vodka, lime juice, 1 cup of ice, and blueberry syrup into the cocktail shaker.
- Place lid on shaker and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Pour ingredients from shaker into the Moscow mule. Add 1 cup of ginger beer.
- Garnish with blueberries, 1-3 mints leaves, and a slice of lime.
- Bring ingredients to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Let simmer for another 10 minutes until it thickens.
- Strain over glass bowl and let it cool.
Watermelon Mint Moscow Mule
Recipe Credit: Zen and Spice
Yield: 1 drink
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 ½ oz of Vodka
- 1 oz lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 fresh mint leaves
- 3 chunks of fresh cut watermelon
- ½ cup of Ginger Beer
- 1 slice of lime
- 1 cup of ice
- Add the 2 watermelon chunks and 2 mint leaves to the shaker.
- Briefly muddle the watermelon and mint in the bottom of the shaker.
- Add vodka, lime juice, and ½ cup of ice into a cocktail shaker.
- Place the lid on the shaker. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Pour the ingredients from the shaker into the Moscow mule. Add Ginger Beer until mule is full.
- Garnish with a slice of lime, mint leaf and a watermelon chunk on a bamboo pick.
Love these Blogs? Signup HERE for future notifications when we post new ones!