It’s S’more than a Feeling
It’s summer and you’re at the lake house. Fireflies are buzzing around and there’s a cool gust of wind keeping you chilly in the warm summer air. Now that’s a perfect setting for some….S’MORES. Who doesn’t love sitting around the campfire singing and telling scary stories while toasting an ooey gooey marshmallow. Although, that’s not the only way to enjoy this scrumptious dessert. There’s tons of ways to experiment with the classic s’more, so explore and enjoy. But, our favorite is the S’mores Cookie Cup– perfect for when you don’t have a campfire nearby but want to feel like you do. I’m telling you, these things are GOOD.
You could be sitting back on that rocking chair on the porch biting into the sweet cup of heaven…it’s only a few steps away.
Shop the Tools
Microwave Safe Bowl
S’mores Cookie Cups
Recipe Credit: Live for Cake
Yield: 10 servings
Total time: 1 hour
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light-brown sugar packed
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 200 g Hershey’s milk chocolate chopped
- 100 ml heavy whipping cream
- While you preheat the oven to 350°F, spray a regular sized muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Using the French Whisk, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, beat butter and sugars on medium heat until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Reduce speed and add egg and vanilla. Beat until combined. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop the dough into the 12 cup muffin tin, pretty down the flatten.
- Bake for ~13 minutes or until golden brown and mostly set.
- Remove from oven and immediately use a small jar or container to press firmly down in the center to create a well. Cool in pans for 15 mins, then place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Place chopped chocolate and cream into a microwave safe bowl (any of our D&V products are microwave and dishwasher friendly), such as the Spice Saffron Spice bowl. Stir to combine and microwave for 20 seconds, stir. Microwave for 10 second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth and silky. Set aside to cool completely before using.
- Pour the chocolate into a liquid measuring cup for ease. Pour a couple of teaspoons of chocolate into each cookie cup. Allow to set (you can speed this up in the fridge)
- Once the chocolate has stiffened up, place one jumbo marshmallow in the center of the cup. Toast it with a kitchen torch until the tops are sizzling brown and they become soft and gooey and perfect.
- You can’t forget about display! What best compliments s’mores on a warm summer night? A bonfire near the woods! To create the same feeling, serve the s’more cups on a homey, Slice Wood Charger, then indulge and enjoy!
- They freeze very well, so store them in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for 1-2 months.
Love these Blogs? Signup HERE for future notifications when we post new ones!